The ideal candidate is a top-tier software engineer familiar with the fundamentals of software architecture, object-oriented programming, high cohesion and loose coupling. The candidate will possess a knack for designing reliable, maintainable, and highly scalable solutions. The Software Engineer III will be responsible, with the Development team, for collaborating with other departments to deliver business value through envisioning and delivering innovative, excellent, and beautiful software solutions. The role utilizes best development practices and current design patterns exercising the very best ideas, skills, and abilities daily.
This client offers a competitive salary, bonus opportunity, excellent 401k plan and health and dental insurance. Other benefits include: gym membership; professional development opportunities; reimbursement for higher education; adoption assistance; and life and disability insurance.
The client employs 25+ professionals within a culture that values character, talent, innovation, and excellence. Employees have a great work-life balance and a convenient commute to our state-of-the-art space.
• Serve as an integral member of the development team to envision, design, develop, and deliver innovative, exceptional, and beautiful software
• Maintain an efficient and consistent deployment process, utilizing best practices for version control, separation of environments, and testing
• Partner with the business units to evaluate needs, envision and define technical solutions to meet objectives
• Continuous training and learning of new technologies which the development team can employ to be more effective
• Perform assigned programming tasks including new features, reports, data updates, and troubleshooting as needed.
• Write queries and create high-quality SSRS reports
• Top-tier software engineer familiar with software architecture design patterns, object-oriented programming, high cohesion and loose coupling
• Proficient in database design, normalization and SQL
• Substantial Experience with .Net and C# (or similar OOP language)
• Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or related field of study
• 4+ years of software development experience
Beneficial Experience (beneficial but not required)
• Master’s Degree in Computer Science or related field of study
• Proficient in Entity Framework and LINQ
• Experience in the financial, alternative investments, or managed futures industry
• Technology or finance related certifications
• Research language experience such as R, Matlab, and/or Python
• .Net Core
• SQL Server Analysis Services and/or Power BI
• WPF / XAML
• Building Modern Web Apps (frontend and/or backend)