- The portfolio manager has primary business responsibility for the short- and long-term profitability of one or more automated trading portfolios. He or she strives to maximize the profits of each strategy subject to risk and capital constraints. The portfolio manager works with a team to pursue this objective.
- Oversee the day-to-day trading operations for portfolio(s)
- Monitor and evaluate portfolio profitability on an ongoing basis.
- Manage risk and capital usage for portfolio, including compliance with defined risk and capital limits.
- Work with trade desk operations to ensure well-defined, robust procedures are in place.
- Manage trading parameters for portfolio.
- Manage portfolio trading products, seeking to add new products that are consistent with portfolio and expected to increase profitability.
- Ensure regulatory compliance.
- Oversee the initial and ongoing development of portfolio(s)
- Generate and solicit ideas to increase profitability of portfolio.
- Prioritize projects. o Work with financial engineers and software developers in the following areas: 1) Quantitative research and algorithm development 2) Software development and implementation 3) Operational impact of portfolio(s) 4) Data collection and maintenance 5) Create revenue budget for portfolio at least annually.
- Provide input on appropriate levels of resources for portfolio.
- 2-5 years of financial markets experience preferred.
- At least a working knowledge in all of the following areas with strong proficiency in some:
- Financial markets
- Statistics and financial modeling
- Software development and implementation
- Trading operations and compliance
- Creative thinker and problem-solver.
- Familiarity with SQL, R, Perl, and Unix preferred.
- Undergraduate degree in a quantitative discipline preferred.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed